Sync to Google Calendar:
1. Set up a calendar sync through Lightning Bolt. Instructions here: Setting Up a Mobile Calendar Subscription.
2. Open the email from Lightning Bolt Scheduler with the subject Calendar Subscription Notice.
3. Copy the .ics file URL from under the Calendar for Google Calendar section of the email.
4. Navigate to Google Calendar (web application).
5. On the left-hand side of the page, next to "Other calendars", select the + icon
6. From the dropdown select From URL.
7. Paste the copied .ics file URL into in the URL of calendar field.
8. Leave the option to make the calendar publicly accessible unchecked.
9. Click Add Calendar.
10. The calendar will appear in the Other calendars section of the calendar list.
11. To rename your calendar, click the vertical three dot settings button to the right of the calendar name in the Other calendars list, click Settings from the dropdown, rename your calendar in the Calendar Name field, and click Save.
Removing a Calendar
1. Under the Other calendars section, hover over the name of the calendar subscription you want to remove.
2. Click the X.
3. In the pop-up, click Remove Calendar. You can always re-subscribe by following the instructions in the previous section.
Undo an Accidental Google Calendar Import
When a schedule is imported instead of subscribed, the Google Calendar will show the events on the same calendar. This will not allow your calendar to sync and it may be difficult to see around your personal events.
If you accidentally imported your schedule to Google Calendar instead of subscribing to it, follow the steps below to remove the imported dates while maintaining your personal data from before the import.
1. Open the .ics file URL you downloaded in a text editing program such as Notepad or TextWrangler.
2. Use the Find/Replace tool to replace "STATUS:CONFIRMED" with "STATUS:CANCELLED" and save the .ics file again.
3. Go to Google Calendar. At the top right of the screen, click the Gear icon, then click Settings.
4. Click Import Calendar.
5. Click the box under Import. Open the file you changed and import it to the calendar again.
6. In the top left of the screen, click the back arrow to navigate back to your calendar. Your calendar will now show only your personal events and not the subscribed events.
Now you can use the link in your subscription email to subscribe to your calendar. The subscribed calendar will be listed separately and will show in a different color. It will update at midnight if there are any changes that were made during the day.