A. Navigate to Request Calendar
- After you have logged in, go to NSight > Requests in the menu
B. Make a New Request
- In the Request page toolbar, select the New tool.
- In the Personnel drop down, select the person you want to make the request for.
- In the Assignment drop down, select the assignment you want to make the request for.
- (Optional) If you wish to add a note to your request, select the Customize checkbox.
(For more details about the Customize checkbox view the Notes section)
- In the calendar, select the date(s) of the new request you want to make by clicking on each of the dates.
- If the highlighted dates on the calendar are orange, that request cannot be made.
(View the Requests documentation page for more details on invalid requests.)
- After the request date is selected, click the Want or Not want tool.
- Want - this will submit a want request for the personnel, assignment and date selected
- Not want - this will submit a do not want request for the personnel, assignment and date selected
- Clear - this will clear the date selections you have made on the calendar
- Once the request is submitted you may see a dialog box that will display to confirm the request.
(Note: This dialog box will not appear if you have clicked OK always in the past.)
- Click OK to approve the selected request
- Click OK always to approve the selected request and any other requests submitted in the future.
- Click Cancel to cancel the current request.
- Once the request has been submitted, the request will appear in one of several states.
- Allow: If the allowed icon appears, then the request has been automatically approved.
- Deny: If the denied icon appears, then the request has been automatically denied. Please view the details to view the reason for denial.
- Pending: If the pending icon appears, then the request is pending approval from an administrator.
- Suspend: If the suspended icon appears, then the request is pending approval from an administrator.
C. Viewing Details of a Request
- Select the Details tool from the tools panel.
- Move your cursor over the request you would like to view details for.
- Click on the request
- A dialog box will appear with the details of the request