To create a new view, first navigate to View Manager.
1. Click Create New View in the top left of the Views page.
The Basic Properties page is where you establish the visible structure of the view.
2. Give the view a name under the View Name* field. This is required. It is helpful to give the view a brief but descriptive title to differentiate your views.
2. Choose a view type of Standard, Columns, Calendar, Gantt, List or Block.
- Standard views display schedule information scrollable vertically through the dates. This is the most used schedule format.
- Columns views display schedule information scrollable horizontally through the dates.
- Calendar views condense schedule information into a calendar, where each slot includes the assignment, personnel, and time.
- Gantt views display schedule information one day at a time, with times to show when personnel are scheduled and how they overlap.
- List views display chosen data fields of schedule information in a quickly searchable format.
- Block views allow translation of blocks based on dates and length of days per block.
3. Choose a Display Range if the view allows and choose a Group By of either By Assignment or By Personnel. This means that the data in each schedule slot shows the opposite of what you grouped by. For example, if you group by assignment the assignments will show as the header of the rows and the slots will be filled in by the personnel working.
4. Choose a Data Type. Request will show only request data, Schedule will show only scheduled data, and Both will show both Requests and Schedule data on the same schedule.
Example of a standard view, grouped by assignment showing a display range of 1 month.
5. The Personnel page is where you select which personnel to include in the view. Use the Select Departments (required) and Select Personnel Types (optional) dropdowns to retrieve a list of Available Personnel to add to your view. Click the the personnel one by one or select All button.
Once selected, click the right arrow > in the center to move the personnel over to the Selected Personnel list. Vice versa, use the left arrow < to move the personnel back.
6. Once you have aggregated a list of Selected Personnel on the right, you can sort the personnel based on the options from the Personnel Sort Order dropdown or by Custom Order by selecting personnel and using the single or double up and down arrows under the paintbrush. Single arrows move the personnel by one, double arrows move the personnel all the way to the bottom or top of the list.
7. You can also select to include all new personnel as you build them out in the future, so that you do not have to manually add them to each view that you have created. This is called Auto-Add Personnel. To set this up, enable the toggle shown in the screenshot below.
8. To edit the cell color of the personnel's slot and the text color of the personnel's name, select the personnel and then click the paintbrush icon. The window that expands will allow you to select either Cell or Text and then the color that you prefer. Use the pre-created color swatches on the right, drag the white circles on the left to adjust hue and lightness, or enter the HEX string to achieve the color you want. You can Copy or Clear the color selection before clicking OK.
ASSIGNMENTS AND TALLIES
9. The Assignments and Tallies page is where you select which assignments and tallies to include in the view. Use the Select Departments (required), Select Templates (required), and Select Assignment Types (optional) dropdowns to retrieve a list of Available Assignments to add to your view. Once selected, click the right arrow > in the center to move the assignments over to the Selected Assignments list. Vice versa, use the left arrow < to move the assignments back.
10. Once you have aggregated a list of Selected Assignments on the right, you can sort the assignments and give their cells or text a color, similar to the process from the Personnel step.
11. You can also select to include all new assignments as you build them out in the future, so that you do not have to manually add them to each view that you have created. This is called Auto-Add Assignments. To set this up, enable the toggle shown in the screenshot below.
12. You can also add tallies to your view by clicking the Tallies button to add and manually sort them in a process. No cell or text colors are allowed.
13. Lastly, the Finalize page is for adjusting display settings before saving your view. The settings may vary based on what view type you selected in Basic Properties.
- Start Day of Week allows the schedule to start on either Saturday, Sunday, or Monday.
- Compact Mode shows the compact name rather than display name of the personnel.
- Condense Columns to Fit Screen reduces the column width to fit on a single screen.
- Hide Blank Rows hides any row that does not have anyone scheduled on for the week.
- Hide Weekends hides Saturday and Sunday from the schedule.
- Hide Pending Slots hides any schedule changes that are pending (have not been approved).
- Show Times shows the start and end times of the assignment.
- Show Logged in User Only restricts the view so that the logged in user can only view their schedule data.
- Enabled Saved Filters allows users to create a filter on the view.
- Tallies Count Personnel Based on Filter only counts personnel included in the filter.
14. Click Finish Saving to complete your view!
15. After saving you will be brought to a page giving you options for what to do next. Make sure that you Set View Access or else no one will be able to see your newly created view. Open the view in viewer to double check your view. Clone the view if you have a similar view to create, especially if you want to keep the order of personnel or assignments and similar cell or text colors. You can always go back and edit your view until it meets your requirements.