Administration > Accounts and Permissions > Accounts
- Select the correct department
- Click the box List personnel without accounts first - this bumps all uncreated accounts to the top of the list.
- In the Accounts page, find the personnel account for which you want to create, click Create.
- Type Username Standard naming conventions are recommended for user accounts. These may already be established by your organization (names, unique ID, or others).
Email Address - This will be used to send account information.
- Select Access Role - determines user permissions – what personnel can do and see.
- Checkbox – Send email to above address:
- Checked – User will receive an email with instructions to set up their password and how to log in.
- Unchecked – You will set up a password for the user manually. You will need to provide password and login info (username) to the personnel.
Note: User can create their own unique password in Settings
TO ADD A USER
- Click Add User
- After the user has been added, you can review and/or edit the account, or click Back to accounts to return to the accounts page. Note: There is no save button here, your selections are saved once you click Add User.
- In order to designate views access for a new user account, you will need to do so in View Manager.
TO EDIT A USER -
- In the Accounts page, find the personnel account you want to edit, click Edit in the Actions column.
- Edit any of the applicable fields
- Click Save next to the edited field
- Click Back to accounts
- Find the personnel account, click Reset in the Password Reset column.
- You can: Leave the checkmark to Send email to above address - User receives email with link to reset/create their own password.
Note: Ensure this is a valid/correct email address for user.
Uncheck the box next to Send email to above address, and manually create a new password for the user.
Note: You will need to provide this new password to the associated personnel.
TO DELETE A USER
1. Find the personnel account for which you want to delete, click Delete.
2. Confirmation of deletion Yes/No
3. Their account status reverts back to Create.
Note: Deleting an account removes the ability for personnel to access the system. This does not delete them as schedulable personnel (appearing in schedules, views, etc.). Deleting personnel accounts erases their account settings. If you need to re-add their account, you will need to re-enter these settings again.
In the Accounts page, select the check box next to the personnel for which you want to make bulk changes to. Here you can make schedule views or request views accessible or inaccessible.
Add/Remove Notification Locations - If your Org has different locations included as part of setup, notifications for these locations can be edited here.
Once a user account is created and the user has been notified, the user can access their account settings to make changes when needed.
- In the upper right corner, click your account name, and then click Account Settings
- In the Account Settings you can:
- Edit your password
- Edit your Recovery email address (should you forget your password)
- Set/Edit your Notification email address
- Select your Default web page (what you want to see upon login)
- To exit, click one of the menu options in the upper left corner. Your account settings will be automatically saved.
Administration > Accounts and Permissions > User Access Roles tab
User Access Roles allows the ability to set up permissions for a user role which can be assigned at the time of creating a user account (covered next).These permissions work in conjunction with Personnel and Assignment Types, and dictate what the personnel in these access roles can see, what actions they can take, what notifications they receive, and access to other sections of the system (such as reports, analytics).
Note: Again, reach out to your designated Consultant if you have questions or need any assistance with new or existing access roles.
- All existing roles are listed in alphabetical order
Search field to search the roles list using keywords.
Description of each role - Provides a brief overview of permission settings for that role
- Ability to Clone an existing access role - Name your new role when cloning.
- Ability to Delete an existing access role - Only able to delete if X is in bold. If grayed, the access role would need to be removed from any assigned personnel before it can be deleted.
- To edit an existing role, click to open and make the appropriate edits.
- Click +New role to add a new role
- New role and overview of permissions
- Click +New role
- Type role Name and Description - Describing basic information about what this role can see/do is optional, but can be helpful.
- Indicate Administration Functions if applicable - Full (System administrator) or limited (Scheduling administrator) and the specific system features they can access.
- The tabs on the left are used to create and organize the permissions. You can click the i (information) bubble in the column header for more information:
Notifications (Schedule or Request)- You can add permissions that designate what notifications can be received by the user role: for which department, for which type of notification, for whom (self or other personnel types), and for which assignment types.
Reports - Here you can Indicate level of view access to Reports including department, personnel and assignment types.
Requests - Indicate the level of access to allow/deny, view, add, delete, modify requests for self or others by department/template.
Schedule - Indicate the level of access to allow/deny, vIew, add, delete, modify schedule info for self or others by department/template
Analytics - If/when applicable, indicate level of access (Analytics access, or Access own change logs) and what reports are accessible/inaccessible for this role.