To customize the schedule calendar view, there are several settings that you can change. To access these settings, select the Views tool from the panel tools.
Views action buttons
- Display - submits the display you wish to view
- Revert - reverts to the previous display if you have made any view changes
- Save - saves the settings of the current view and add it to the Views navigation drop down
- Delete - deletes the current view from the Views navigation drop down
- Layout - view your calendar by week, month (standard), month (columns) or block view
- Layout - view your calendar by assignment, by personnel or by date
- Compact - displays the current calendar in the most compact view. Compact display name will be used instead of calendar display name.
- Fixed headers - the top row with the days of the week remains fixed as you scroll down the calendar.
- Hide blank rows - any rows that are blank will be removed from the calendar
- Highlight incompatible assignments - if a person is scheduled on two or more assignments that are incompatible with each other on the same day, they will be highlighted in red.
- Show holiday names - displays the holiday names on the calendar (uncheck to provide a more compact view)
- Show pending swaps - displays all pending swaps, fills and deletes. Below are examples of a pending replace, pending add and pending delete
- Show original personnel - displays original scheduled personnel if a replace, add or delete has been made. The original scheduled personnel is shown below inside the brackets [ ]. If the brackets have no value, then the slot was originally empty.
- Show assignment times - assignment times will be displayed next to the slot for each assignment or personnel scheduled.
- Show total count for each day - a new row will be added to each day that counts the total number of scheduled slots for the specified view.
- Show notes - will display a note icon to any assigned slot that has notes. To view the notes you may use the Details tool and click on any slot with a note.
- Week starts on - allows you to change the week starting date from Saturday, Sunday or Monday
Personnel Options - allows you to display the selected personnel
- Select the order you want the personnel displayed from the Sort By drop down.
- Custom Order displays personnel in the order you choose. To change the order, click and hold the grid to the left of the checkbox next to the personnel to drag and drop the personnel into the order you want them to display on the calendar.
- Display Name displays the personnel alphabetically by display names.
- Last Name displays the personnel alphabetically by last names.
- To display only requests for the logged-in user, select the Display logged-in user only radio button.
- To display all users select the Display selected personnel radio button and then the Select all checkbox.
- To display a custom list of personnel, select the Display selected personnel radio button and then select the checkboxes next to the personnel you want displayed on the calendar.
Assignment Options - allows you to display the selected assignments
- Select the order you want the assignments displayed from the Sort By drop down.
- Custom Order displays assignments in the order you choose. To change the order, click and hold the grid to the left of the checkbox next to the assignment to drag and drop assignments into the order you want them to display on the calendar.
- Default Order displays the assignments in a default order.
- Named displays the assignments alphabetically by assignment names.
- To display all assignments select the Select all checkbox.
- To display a custom list of assignments, select the checkboxes next to the assignments you want displayed on the calendar.
Print/Export Options - allows you to change header to be printed or exported
- Select Custom text in the drop down to enter your own text to be displayed in the header when you print or export the calendar.
- Select Template name in the drop down to display just the template name in the header.
- Select Template description in the drop down to display the template name, description and date in the header.
- Select Date only in the drop down to display only the date in the header.
- After you have made the changes to your calendar, you may click the Display button to preview the view that you have created.