A. Navigate to Schedule Page
- After you have logged in, go to NSight > Schedule in the menu
B. Change View Settings
In order to fill a personnel, you must ensure you have the correct view settings.
- Go to the Views panel > Display options section and make the following changes:
- Layout: Week, Month (standard) or Month (columns)
- Layout: By personnel or By assignment
- Show pending swaps is checked
- Personnel Options - Display selected personnel and ensure the personnel you want to replace are included in the list
- Assignment Options - Ensure the assignments you want to replace are included in the list of selected assignments
- Click Display
It is recommended once you have made your view settings that you save this view for future use when you wish to make replacements
- Click the Save button in the Views panel.
- Assign a name for the new view and click the Save button.
- If you are an administrator, you will be given additional options when saving a view.
- Select Replace "Default Schedule View" to replace the default view which appears whenever you first go to the Schedule page.
- Select Save a new view named and assign a name to the view to make it available in the Views drop down for future user.
- Select Keep Global to have the view available to others who have access to the Schedule page.
- Select Make Personal to have the view available to only you.
- Click the Save button and your view will now be saved in your Views drop down.
C. Fill an Assignment
To fill an empty slot with an assignment:
- In the toolbar, select the Fill tool.
- In the Personnel drop down, select the personnel you want to add.
- In the Assignment drop down, select the assignment you want to fill.
- (Optional) If you wish to add a note to your fill, select the Customize checkbox.
(For more details about the Customize checkbox view the Notes section)
- In the calendar, click on the date you wish to fill.
- Once the fill is submitted you may see a dialog box that will display to confirm the fill.
(Note: This dialog box will not appear if you have clicked OK always in the past.)
- Click OK to approve the selected fill.
- Click OK always to approve the selected fill and any other fills submitted in the future.
- Click Cancel to cancel the current fill.
- If the highlighted row on the calendar is orange, that replacement cannot be made. This may be for any of the following reasons:
- The personnel is not eligible for the assignment.
- The personnel is already scheduled for an incompatible assignment on that day.
- The slots are full on that day.
- Completed if the fill has been automatically approved
- Pending orange if the fill requires approval from an administrator.
- Pending blue if the fill requires approval from the replaced party or administrator.