Personnel can be grouped together using personnel groups in Setup.
Why would I want to create a personnel group?
Personnel groups are created in LB as a way to group providers with similarities together, which can later be used in rules for auto-scheduling purposes.
As an example, you may have a group of providers who prefers to work consecutive nights and another group of providers who prefers to never work back-to back-nights. In this case, you might consider creating two different personnel groups and then using such personnel groups in rules to group nights together for the one group and to not schedule nights together for the other group.
If we are not auto-scheduling, do we need to create personnel groups?
No, if you are not auto-scheduling, there is no need to create personnel groups.
How do I create a personnel group?
- Navigate to Administration>Setup.
- Click on the Personnel Groups tab.
- Click on + Add new personnel group button in the upper left corner of the page.
- Give the personnel group an appropriate name and then move all applicable providers from the “Excluded personnel” box to the “Included personnel” box using the arrows.
- You can then Save and clone (which will copy all of the personnel contained in your personnel group), Save and add another, or just Save Changes.